August 6, 2013
Environmental or “going green” efforts
• Stoops says it has replaced approximately 50 percent of all its facility lighting with more energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
• The company is converting four service bays to CNG/LNG.
• There is a paper and cardboard recycling program in all offices.
• The company recycles all metals, pallets, oil and antifreeze.
• Employees are assigned to manage and monitor environmental policies.
• The company is engaged with local utility companies to insure that Stoops uses energy as efficiently as possible.
• Continuous improvement in processes to reduce the amount of paper used.
• The company is moving to more digital communications and advertising to reduce the amount of paper used.
Community involvement and civic responsibility
• Chairman of the Board, United States Auto Club
• Treasurer, Indiana Motor Truck Association (15 years)
• Company is active with Midwest Foodbank
• Board Member Indiana Automobile Dealer Association
• Purchased Anderson Country Club to keep it open for the City of Anderson
• Company donation program for organizations and charities in which employees participate
• Established Distinguished Professorship at Ball State College of Business
• Stopps Freightliner holds a semi-annual Open House and Ride and Drive events to highlight product and dealership updates.
• The company hosts regular factory visits for its fleet customers to showcase firsthand product improvements.
• Annual truck and tractor demonstrator programs are held with new products and options for direct customer usage in their specific applications.
• The company is actively involved in all OEM direct mail and electronic notification on new products and sales programs including parts and service opportunities.
• Close to 50 outside salespeople at seven truck dealership locations in two states to tell the Stoops story.
Staff education & training
• Technicians undergo continuous training from an in-house, full-time training expert.
• Sales team members are required to participate in all manufacturer development training.
• Company supported website at Stoops.com
• Targeted Email Marketing
• Various Social Media platforms
• Direct Mail
• Customer specific newsletter content
• Variety of trade publications
• Sponsorship of numerous community events and activities
The winner of The Successful Dealer Award will be named Wednesday, Aug, 21 at CVOC in Dallas, Texas.