Kenworth announces T680 road tour
Kenworth Truck Company has announced the dates for its 2014 T680 road tour.
The new Kenworth T680 Advantage is Kenworth’s most fuel-efficient truck, the company says. It begins with the optimized powertrain combination of the 2014 Paccar MX-13 engine and the Eaton Fuller Advantage 10-speed automated transmission, and incorporates fuel-economy drive axles (such as a 6×2 configuration) and special factory-installed aerodynamic package. As a result, the T680 Advantage with 76-in. sleeper offers up to a 5 percent fuel economy improvement compared to last year’s T680 76-in. sleeper.
The Kenworth T680 Advantage Road Tour will visit 36 Kenworth dealer-hosted events in the United States and Canada. The two-country tour begins June 23 at Worldwide Equipment in Lexington, Ky.
Kenworth says the double-expanding, 53-ft. tour trailer features an interactive, self-guided exhibit. Visitors can learn more about the T680 Advantage, new Kenworth T880 vocational truck, and 12.9-liter Paccar MX-13 engine, and Kenworth history, the company says.
The tour trailer also includes the 2.1-meter wide cab used by the T680 and T880, new 52-in. sleeper complex reflector headlamps, air-assisted hydraulic clutch, electric-over-air dash switches, trim levels, exterior paint color samples and interior fabric options, and the Kenworth NavPlus system. Kenworth adds there are videos on the T680 and T880 design process, robotic cab construction, Kenworth history, and a display of Kenworth’s prestigious awards.
RELATED: Kenworth, Eaton combo net fuel savings.
Below is the Kenworth T680 Advantage Road Tour schedule:
- June 23: Worldwide Equipment – Lexington / Lexington, Ky.
- June 25: Truck Enterprises – Harrisonburg / Harrisonburg, Va.
- June 27: Kenworth of Pennsylvania – Dunmore / Dunmore, Pa.
- June 30: Gabrielli Kenworth of New Jersey – Dayton / Dayton, N.J.
- July 1: MTC Kenworth / Ridgefield Park, N.J.
- July 4: Kenworth Ontario – Ottawa / Ottawa, Ont.
- July 7: Kenworth Quebec / St-Nicolas, Que.
- July 9: Kenworth Maska – La Présentation / La Présentation, Que.
- July 11: Kenworth Montreal / Ste-Laurent, Que.
- July 14: Kenworth Hamilton / Stoney Creek, Ont.
- July 15: Kenworth London / London, Ont.
- July 18: Kenworth of Buffalo / Buffalo, N.Y.
- July 21: MHC Kenworth – Greensboro / Greensboro, N.C.
- July 23: Worldwide Kenworth of South Carolina – Greenville / Greenville, S.C.
- July 25: MHC Kenworth – Atlanta / Atlanta, Ga.
- July 28: MHC Kenworth – Chattanooga / Chattanooga, Tenn.
- July 30: Truckworx Kenworth – Birmingham / Birmingham, Ala.
- August 1: Kenworth of South Louisiana / Lafayette, La.
- August 4: Performance Truck – Baytown / Baytown, Texas
- August 6: Kenworth of South Texas – San Antonio / San Antonio, Texas
- August 8: MHC Kenworth – Dallas / Dallas, Texas
- August 11: MHC Kenworth – Little Rock / Little Rock, Ark.
- August 13: MHC Kenworth – Kansas City / Kansas City, Mo.
- August 15: CIT Kenworth Chicago – Mokena / Mokena, Ill.
- August 18: Kenworth of Indianapolis / Indianapolis, Ind.
- August 20: Wisconsin Kenworth – Milwaukee, Wis.
- August 22: Rihm Kenworth – St. Paul / St. Paul, Minn.
- August 25: Sioux Falls Kenworth / Sioux Falls, S.D.
- August 27: Kenworth of Omaha / Omaha, Neb.
- September 3: MHC Kenworth – Denver / Denver, Colo.
- September 8: Kenworth Sales Company – Salt Lake City / West Valley City, Utah
- September 11: Inland Kenworth – Phoenix / Phoenix, Ariz.
- September 15: Papé Kenworth – Fresno / Fresno, Calif.
- September 17: NorCal Kenworth – Sacramento / Sacramento, Calif.
- September 22: Papé Kenworth – Portland / Portland, Ore.
- September 24: Kenworth Northwest – Lakewood / Lakewood, Wash.