August 6, 2013
Environmental or “going green” efforts
• Stoops says it has replaced approximately 50 percent of all its facility lighting with more energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
• The company is converting four service bays to CNG/LNG.
• There is a paper and cardboard recycling program in all offices.
• The company recycles all metals, pallets, oil and antifreeze.
• Employees are assigned to manage and monitor environmental policies.
• The company is engaged with local utility companies to insure that Stoops uses energy as efficiently as possible.
• Continuous improvement in processes to reduce the amount of paper used.
• The company is moving to more digital communications and advertising to reduce the amount of paper used.
Community involvement and civic responsibility
• Chairman of the Board, United States Auto Club
• Treasurer, Indiana Motor Truck Association (15 years)
• Company is active with Midwest Foodbank
• Board Member Indiana Automobile Dealer Association
• Purchased Anderson Country Club to keep it open for the City of Anderson
• Company donation program for organizations and charities in which employees participate
• Established Distinguished Professorship at Ball State College of Business
• Stopps Freightliner holds a semi-annual Open House and Ride and Drive events to highlight product and dealership updates.
• The company hosts regular factory visits for its fleet customers to showcase firsthand product improvements.
• Annual truck and tractor demonstrator programs are held with new products and options for direct customer usage in their specific applications.
• The company is actively involved in all OEM direct mail and electronic notification on new products and sales programs including parts and service opportunities.
• Close to 50 outside salespeople at seven truck dealership locations in two states to tell the Stoops story.
Staff education & training
• Technicians undergo continuous training from an in-house, full-time training expert.
• Sales team members are required to participate in all manufacturer development training.
• Company supported website at Stoops.com
• Targeted Email Marketing
• Various Social Media platforms
• Direct Mail
• Customer specific newsletter content
• Variety of trade publications
• Sponsorship of numerous community events and activities
The winner of The Successful Dealer Award will be named Wednesday, Aug, 21 at CVOC in Dallas, Texas.
October totals show trailer orders maintaining positive stretch
Used truck prices see little change in September
Texas driver wins Navistar OnCommand sweepstakes
NTEA customer service webinar scheduled for December
Ryder ups commitment to natural gas within fleet
October order totals confirm Class 8 surge